Tuesday, October 26, 2010

For Ben

*note* if you are reading this in Google Reader please go to the actual blog to hear the beautiful voice of Mindy Gledhill as you read the lyrics to this song.


Little Boy when you speak

I can't help but kiss your cheeks

I love the way you grab my hands and tell me all about your plans


Rocket high comets fly you and I could hitch a ride


And fly away to Never Land, give our best to Peter Pan.

When you reach for the stars don't forget who you are,


And please don't turn around and grow up way too fast.


See the sand in my grasp from the first to the last
every grain becomes a memory of the past.


Oh Life's an hourglass


Life's an hourglass.


Stories read prayer is said,


Close your eyes sleepy head


While angels linger in your dreams, and hold you in their feathered wings.


Just like you I was small not that long ago at all.


I wish you all the happiness that God gives freely if you ask.


When you reach for the stars don't forget who you are,

And please don't turn around and grow up way too fast.


See the sand in my grasp from the first to the last
every grain becomes a memory of the past.


Oh Life's an hourglass

Life's an hourglass


Life's an hourglass.



Happy Birthday Ben! We love you Sweet Boy!


"Hourglass" by Mindy Gledhill

6 comments:

Matt and Kirsten said...

Beautiful! Little boys are the most precious!

val said...

awesome. love the post. love the song. perfect.

Ryan and Amber said...

Oh Great - Make me bawl why don't you?! Geez, there is something about little boys and that song seems to capture it all! :) Happy Birthday to your cute little man!

Jules said...

love this post! and love that little benja!

jenny said...

Oh.my.holy.sweetness!

I love it...all. The pictures, the music and YOU!!

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

Don't mind me here! Can't stop crying. What a beautiful post and what a sweet boy.

Much love.