Rachel is the youngest in her class, just making the Jan. 1 deadline with a Dec. 22 birthday. Most of the kids her age that she plays with won't be in primary till next year. But Rachel was ready. She has a hard time with chaos, and 15 little kids running around the nursery screaming and grabbing and crying = chaos. She likes adult supervision. She like constructive activities. She's good at sitting still and listening to stories (for a certain amount of time - she IS 3 ya know). She likes being around kids in smaller numbers and having a little more adult interaction. She LOVES to sing and has been able to hear pitch and carry a tune since she was 1. Sunbeams is TOTALLY her cup o' tea. And as you can tell she loved every minute of it.
I sat at the back of the chapel for a few minutes as she sat on the front pew with her new sunbeam class and her new sunbeam teacher; with her arms folded tightly and her legs dangling above the floor. Once she looked back and saw me and put her little hand up by her face making a little waving motion. It's okay Mom, I'm a big girl now. You don't have to watch through the door in the nursery to see if I'm the one crying. You can go to your Sunday school class. I'm going to go learn about Jesus and about being a child of God and about how to choose the right. I love you. I wanted desperately to go with her. I wanted to watch her sing. I wanted to watch her learn and grow. Are there times you DESPERATELY wish you could just shrink down to be a fly on a wall and watch your kids in their assorted activities - school, soccer, dance, primary, playing with their little brother in their room and giggling their hearts out?
I wish.
No comments:
Post a Comment