Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Fantasy Canyon

These kids. I kind of adore them. I can't believe how big they are getting. (And how horrible I am at documenting their lives.  
We took the 5 of them (2 week old Hannah not pictured) to lunch here at The Pipeline. It's a trailer parked out in the middle of nowhere that is run by a master chef and easily accessible to oil field workers.
Then we went on farther to Fantasy Canyon out past Ouray. They call it mini Goblin Valley. You can see why...
It was our very first family outing as the 7 of us (and I can't believe I didn't get a pic of Hannah but she just stayed in her car seat because it was windy and drizzling.) I was a bit apprehensive at the idea of going out so far with a brand new baby to a place we had never been to before. There was a lot of washboard dirt road and even some parts that were washed out. But Paul in his wisdom helped us to do hard things. His optimism carries us grumpy guys through. It's hard to drive for an hour to an unknown destination over twisting washboard road with cranky kids and a brand new baby. But once we finally found it everyone had a really good time. Our Dad helps us to do hard things. And I am so grateful to him for that. Because now we have a wonderful family memory.

1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

Isn't it kind of unreal how big they get at lightning speed? Cliche is me... But wow they have GROWN!