Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Good Luck?!?


Let me start by saying that February was a beast of a month for the Gardner Family. Paul had a lot going on at the seminary trying to wrap up the trimester (parent-teacher conferences, grading, passing out make-up work, calling parents, etc.). My sweet Grandma Watts lost her short battle with cancer and passed away. Then, as if that wasn't enough, we were sick ALL DANG MONTH!! So call me crazy for accepting this as a good luck charm, but I take anything I can get at this point. Monday I was making breakfast for dinner and as I cracked an egg into the bowl pictured above, TWO yolks came out! TWINS! You can see in the picture that the two egg yolks on top are smaller than the two on bottom. Those four yolks came from three eggs. I couldn't believe it. Paul said that happened to him all the time growing up. I don't believe him. Maybe it did, and maybe I'm weird for thinking that this is the coolest most LUCKY thing to happen (I don't get out much okay?!) - but hey like I said, hopefully this is a preview of coming attractions for the month of March, because if March is anything like February was, I'll just skip it and go straight to April, thanks!

5 comments:

Just Us said...

I am so sorry to hear about your awful February. I really hope your egg yolks bring you a better March. By the way, I have never seen twin egg yolks either! I am so glad that you got in touch with my folks. I love looking at your blog. You have the cutest little family.

Aggieland Mom said...

Hey, I think that's pretty lucky! And funny! I hope March is better for you too!! I would like to skip to May... I HATE WINTER!

Brittney said...

Hey Natalie,
Its Britt Siddoway, just wanted to say hello and that I think that is extremely good luck about the eggs! I personally have never had that happen to me and I cook eggs a lot! So..... I don't know if I belive Paul either!:)
Hope this month is better for ya too! It's the Lucky month so if March is bad we're in big trouble!!

It was fun to see you last month. you have an adorable family!

Trevor said...

The only way that Paul could have that happen to him is if he is Gaston from Beauty and the Beast (And now that I'm grown I eat FIVE dozen eggs, and I'm roughly the size of a BAAAAARGE!).

jenny said...

O MY HECK!! I can't believe it...can I tell you how much I love the blogging world...

As I was blog surfing tonight, I somehow came across your blog...I can't even tell you now how I found it. cRaZy!!

Anyway, your family is adorable (as are you). Sorry you have been sick :(

Feel free to check out my life on my blog....and sorry about the long comment. But what can I say, I never know when to stop talking... ;)