Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Mom Rule # 763 -

NEVER TAKE YOUR KIDS WITH YOU TO THE GROCERY STORE especially if you are shopping for the whole week. Because if you do, you will miss out on the wonderful solitude felt only in a grocery store when you can walk down the isle and pick up any random ingredient and flip through the brain files to see what sort of creative energy this said ingredient can conger up. Falafal...hmmm...I saw that on the Food Network the other day and it looked very interesting, maybe I can throw in some hummus and pita bread too and have a Greek festival...
Instead you will probably experience an ornery 3-year-old lagging 20 paces behind you whining that she wants to go home to make cookies. If that weren't bad enough, your 2-year-old might just drop a jumbo jar of pickles at your feet, smashing it to a million pieces, slicing your toes, and leaving your flip flops to wreak of pickle juice for eternity...if flip flops last that long.

So be a happy mom.

Leave your kids home with dad.

p.s. Pickle juice doesn't feel so great on sliced up toes. Just in case you were wondering.

3 comments:

Aggieland Mom said...

You crack me up. That is exactly why I go grocery shopping at 9pm after the kids are in bed! I still haven't attempted bringing both my kids to the store... I'm sure it would turn out somewhat like your story!

P.S. did you have to pay for the pickles? =)

Heather English said...

Ya, I learned that lesson a while ago. It's sad that I actually enjoy grocery shopping because it's my only peaceful time.

Amy Miller said...

Oh no! That's terrible. We're at the whining, reaching, and tantrums stage. Luckily, I can still strap her in the cart. Although Abbie has had the pleasure of destroying a seasoning packet display. Lovely.

Sending your toes a get well soon!! :)