Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Catch Up

If a book were to be written about my life the title of it would be "Catching up." I feel like I am always in "trying to catch up" mode. My last post on this blog is in DECEMBER...about SCRAP BOOKING?!...SERIOUSLY?!?!

But every time something funny happens (a daily occurrence at our house) and I think, "Oh I need to blog about that one" the little "catch up monster" shows his ugly little face and says, but you can't blog about THIS until you've blogged about THAT and THAT and THAT and THAT...and you can't blog about THOSE THINGS until the dishes and laundry are done...and let's face it - you're never going to finish those so you might as well give up on blogging all together.

Well today I slapped a lid on the catch up monster. NO the dishes and the laundry are NOT done...but they are in the works. I turned the TV off to make the kids put away their toys and now they are playing happily together WITH their toys so that too has been put on the back burner. I am not going to try to play catch up anymore by attempting posts I consider daunting like birthdays, holidays, and summer vacations, at the expense of forgetting the little day to day occurrences that are really what life is all about. My life is defined by little daily bits of love - not by our summer trip to D.C. (although that was awesome).

So be prepared to use the scroll bar. Because I AM going to document all those birthdays and holidays and summer vacations - but I'm not going to let the lack of that documentation prevent me from documenting the here and now gems.



Stay Tuned...

3 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

And She's BACK! Hooray! Missed you and can't wait to read all about it...

val said...

can i say i love this photo? is that ok? i do. i just love you guys. so happy to know you. i was telling matt how much i love you just yesterday on our way down to moab. i was thinking of our ricks college days and our dc trip and other great days we've had together.
SO ditto on "catching up" -
the good, the bad and the ugly are important to document, however and whenever we get around to documenting it.
how are you feeling? when do you visit next? i wanna see you!

s said...

Validation!! I feel the EXACT same way Nat!! I'm so glad we are in the same throes of life. I find myself thinking of "days gone by" and wish I could keep up old friendships that were dear like ours, but then my kids and life bring me back to reality, and I hang on to the hope that we WILL some day get together and do lunch. Then blog about it!