Rachel saw the missionaries in Walmart yesterday and got SO EXCITED. She yelled, "LOOK MOM!! IT'S THE ELDERS!! Can I go shake their hand?!"
It was the reaction I would have expected her to have if she met Mickey Mouse at Disneyland. So stinkin' cute.
I replied "Sure Honey go ahead!" So she carefully walked up behind them, put her bravest face on (she's pretty shy) and said, "Hi Elders!" They obviously hadn't heard her, and she turned around with this petrified look on her face - I half expected her to bolt for the door. But I whispered, "Try again Honey" and waved her on. So she summoned her courage, stood up straight and yelled "HI ELDERS!!" I think it caught them off guard because the four of them quickly turned around and seemed a little shocked to see a five-year-old there to greet them. With HUGE smiles on their faces they bent down and said, "Why Hello there!" She shoved her hand out like a tin soldier and hurried to shake their hands, then ran back to me and hid behind my legs. They looked at me with smiles on their faces and I mouthed the words, "Thank You" to them and waved goodbye.
When people serve as missionaries for my church they represent the Lord in everything they do. I am so grateful for missionaries who take that calling seriously and fulfill that role with quiet dignity. They have no idea who is watching them at any given time. Today it was my kids at the grocery store, and I'm thankful for the kindness they showed my daughter. I can only imagine the Savior acting the very same way - with love and kindness and quiet dignity.
Thanks Elders.
I asked Ben if he wanted to go shake their hands. He said, "YES!" then, reevaluating his reply, he hid behind my legs and said, "Well...actually...maybe next time."
5 comments:
So stinkin' cute is right! Love, love, love this post!
That is sweet!!!
So proud of Rachel! And proud of the missionaries. Aren't we all so blessed.
So proud of Rachel and the missionaries. We are so blessed to have the truth and missionaries big and small to teach it to us. love to all
What a sweet story! You have the cutest kids and you're such a great mom!! I hope you're feeling good, I've been thinking about you.
Post a Comment