Sunday, April 27, 2008

I LOVE IT WHEN...

1- I find money in my pocket
I love this so much that when I pack my clothes away for a season (winter clothes, summer clothes, maternity clothes) I put money in the pockets so that I'll forget about it and then when I put them on 6 months later...SCORE! My husband thought this bordered insanity until I made him try it. He pulled out a pair of shorts a couple of weeks ago and TA DA!! 5 Bucks!! I've converted him.

2- There is something really important that I rush to the store to buy (a cooking ingredient, computer paper, diapers etc.) and not only do they have it...but it's on a SCREAMIN' SALE! i love that:)

3 - I'm on time...because I'm so often NOT. It is a little victory every time I can walk into the chapel, PICK MY PEW, and get seated in time to listen to a little prelude music. It takes a lot of work - bathing the kids, packing the diaper bag, setting out church clothes and doing this all the NIGHT BEFORE...but it really works. I just need to discipline myself to do it more often.

4- My husband comes home from work early

You may believe that the life of a seminary teacher is pretty easy. Not true. Between planning lessons, calling parents and bishops, grading makeup work, and other administrative things Paul usually ends up putting in at least 10 hours a day if not more. But sometimes he gets done early and surprises us and we play games, or go on a little outing, or just sit and talk. I love those days.

5- My kids take a nap...at the SAME TIME!

Ben is a twice a day napper and Rachel naps once a day. So Ben goes down, then wakes up right when Rachel is going down, then goes back to sleep when Rachel wakes up. Sometimes they go down at the same time or close enough that they are both asleep at the same time for a good hour. Those are the days when I take an extra long extra hot shower...or take a nap myself!

So what are the little SERENDIPITIES that brighten your day?


1 comment:

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

amen to the naps - beautiful, simple things! You're the greatest!