Thursday, May 1, 2008

POTTY TRAINING!!!



The signs are evident...the time has come...to embark on the great adventure of.........POTTY TRAINING!! SO if any of you have any words of wisdom before I sign my life away please let me know. Pull-ups or panties? Training potty or "seat over the seat" that sits on top of the real toilet? Panties in the day and diapers at night or panties all the time? Rewards? Sticker charts? Books about the subject that you would recommend? ANYTHING!?! (p.s.I know that Princess Throne is a little much but it was the only pic I could find)

8 comments:

Aggieland Mom said...

Okay so we're about to embark on this also. Let me know what you find out! I'm going to get the "seat over the seat", I DO NOT want to dump, scrap or wash poop out of another container. YUCK! Also, I hear theres a book called "Potty Training in a Day" thats supposed to be great. I bought a bag of M&M's to entice Alex...we'll have to let each other know how it's going.

Just Us said...

I have no experience in this department, therefor I have no advice. Good luck!! P.S. I like the throne potty.

Brittney said...

Hey Natalie, Britt Siddoway here. Oh if only any of us knew the secret to potty training. I know that Pull-ups were a big no no for us. But then again it took Sam 6 months to be trained. My sister-in-law went cold turkey, straight to undies, and she was potty trained in 2 days. Maybe try that if you don't mind cleaing up messes for a weekend! GOOD LUCK!

janet said...

Good Luck!!! potty training is one of the hardest things for me.. but I hear boys are harder than girls? My advice would be to plan on going no where-- keep her in panties during the day, but DEFINITELY a diaper at night. When you find she is dry in the morning, then you can get rid of diapers all together, but there is no reason to be changing/washing sheets so often.

Also-- stay positive and make it fun. I have a hard time not lecture when I think they know better... but if it's not positive, it's going to take longer.

I am in the middle of potty training #3 and still don't know what I am doing! good luck!!

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

Good luck with that - I figure as long as they don't go to the prom in a diaper - we're good. You're such a good mom - love you!

Jenna said...

This is Greg Carr. This message is for Paul....what happend to your dodgers? Swept by my cubbies! That's what happend! Go Cubs, and go Redsox! Anyway, hope all is well with you all. We are in Utah now until the beginning of Augest. Call us when you come to visit and maybe we could all get together sometime.

Jann said...

So I totally found your blog by accident but wanted to say hello! Please email me or check out my blog if you want to say hello back!

j.pandaface@hotmail.com
twoandthreebees.blogspot.com

Nicol said...

Hey Natalie,

I came across your blog today and I wanted to say hi. I haven't started to potty train my dd so I have no advice in that area. good luck!

Nicol
http://classyandsophisticated.blogspot.com/