Monday, March 1, 2010

Chloe-isms take 2: "I should have known better"

A few weeks ago my amazing cousin-in-law Amber wrote a post about an episode her dog had getting into the garbage. We didn't have Chloe then, but I was researching dog ownership like crazy in preparation. "Dogs + Garbage Cans = trouble...CHECK."

Unfortunately I didn't listen. I was given a "free bee" - a get out of jail free card - a "trust me on this one" bit of advice and I didn't take it.

And this was the result.


Which got me to thinking. How many of those little gems lie waiting for us every day in everything, especially the scriptures?! How often have I HEARD but not LISTENED. And how many trials in my life did I bring upon myself because I put my "proverbial puppy" next to a "proverbial garbage can" after KNOWING it would only cause a BIG FAT MESS!!
So THANKS for the heads up Amber - next time I'll listen. Sheesh. p.s. congrats on Kael's sealing!

1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

Oh boy - Now you know dogs true afinnity for garbage - YUCK! Alas - it is a lesson you will never forget! :) Thanks for the congrats! It was the best day ever!! :)