Thursday, March 25, 2010

Home Tweet Home

A couple of days ago we were out running errands and wanted to stop by the school to see Paul. School wasn't quite out yet so I decided to take the kids to Arn's. Arn is a sweet old man that has a charming little wood shop down the street from the High School. He makes everything from dressers and beds to doll houses and wooden cars. We walked around the shop, got covered in saw dust, and found this bird house kit for $7.50. I got up to pay and he only charged me $5.00! To top it off he gave Rachel and Ben each a little wooden dinosaur for free! He said he was a sucker for cute kids - we've got plenty of those!!

So we came home, painted the walls, nailed it together and...

VOILA!!


The front is my attempt at "modern homemaker" - the rest is the natural talent of the children. I call it "Impressionistic Fingerpainting".

Whatever you call it, they're pretty proud.


And as if that weren't enough, today we made bird feeders in Rachel's preschool. We took pinecones, spread peanut butter all over them, then rolled them in birdseed and tied a ribbon on top! (Thank you Playhouse Disney)

C'MON BIRDIES WE'RE READY FOR SPRING!!!

you don't think birds have peanut allergies do you?

1 comment:

Hermana Macy Udy said...

How fun! I wish we had an "Arn" around here. My kids would love to do some projects like that.

Yes, I too am hoping Spring comes soon. It's a long April Fool's joke on all of us, I think!