Monday, March 22, 2010
Food Storage
So this week in Sunday School we talked about Joseph saving Egypt during the famine because of his ability to interpret dreams and store corn. That lead to a discussion about food storage. Which brings me to this...the sweet water filters you can buy online. Someone on our high council told us about this website that you can get these awesome water bottles with filters that have the capacity to filter lake, river, and stream water. So if you were in a position where you didn't have suitable drinking water you could filter questionable water and be safe. One bottle has the capacity to filter up to 100 gallons of water. They are certified to filter out anything from chemical toxins like anthrax to biological things like giardia, salmonella, and cholera. They are perfect for food storage/72 hour kits. The website is www.seychelle.com. Here is the cool part, we were given a discount code to use which is good for 50% off most items! The code is L8D8S. We bought 2 water bottles for our family. That's enough to filter 200 gallons of water for drinking. The FEMA website states that in storing water for an emergency you need a gallon of water per person per day. They also recommend having 3 days worth of water for your family. With these two water bottles we have the capacity to filter my family's water needs for almost 2 months! I realize I probably need to STORE water in addition to being able to FILTER water, but I can't carry around 12 gallons of water wherever I go. So these water bottles are perfect for our 72 hour kit. Check it out!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Um, AWESOME.
Thanks so much!
Yay! Water storage, and where to fit anymore of it, has been constantly on my mind. These filtration bottles are much pricier at other sites and I've been dragging my feet about buying one. With this code, I may just have to buy three, so we have one for the car kit as well.
Thank you, thank you! This will fit in our apartment much better than one of those huge blue barrels. :)
Amen to the blue water barrel thing! Everytime I walk past them in Walmart I feel a tinge of guilt because I'm not purchasing 5 of them...these bottles are much easier to manage for a disaster kit.
What ones did you purchase? Let's face it - you're married to a Gardner so he did his research. I hate the taste of stored water so I want to purchase but need your expertise! Thx!
Ha HAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA!! Amber-I love you. So the ones we bought were the 28oz. Flip Top Filter Bottles with the ADVANCED filter. They seemed a little sturdier than the 22oz. pull top bottles. My mom said they actually sell the pull top bottles in the distribution center! If you go to the website and click on the "Lab Tests" button you can see which filters passed what tests. The advanced filter is definetly better for emergency kits. The standard filters I would compare to something like Brita filters.
We wanted to get the pump filter too but they're out of stock...
YOU'RE A FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE! Thanks and HAPPY WEEKEND!
Post a Comment