Thursday, February 4, 2010

Leo the Lion

So for those of you who aren't soccer fans (like me) you should know that Salt Lake has a really fantastic soccer team (with a great big new stadium I'm sure you've seen). And you should also know that this team won the MLS championship.
Anyway, now Leo the Lion along with Real Salt Lake is making a Utah Tour with the MLS championship trophy. They are going around to 34 different counties in Utah to campaign for soccer and encourage Utah to stand behind the team a bit more. And let's face it, I'm a big Jazz fan but they've never won a championship. Maybe I should look into soccer. They're goin' somewhere.
The kids loved Leo. They got signed autographs of him and got to see the "SUPER SHINEY" MLS trophy. So look for a Lion and a Soccer Team coming to a town near you!
Ole, ole ole ole...Re-aaaall Salt Laaaake!

5 comments:

Jeff said...

Utah has a soccer team? You guys are kidding right? Anyway, if we did, there is no way we could compare it to the Jazz winning a championship. You guys are funny.

PNRBAC said...

You're right Jeff comparing the Jazz to Real Salt Lake is apples and oranges. Paul made me edit the post. Go Jazz.

Matt and Kirsten said...

Well said Natalie. As a Chidester I am grateful for your testimonial. Goooooo REAL SALT LAKE!

Matt and Kirsten said...

Soccer haters are like church haters- they just can't leave it alone, even though it's the truth. Huh Jeff? :)
"Champions" has a nice ring to it. I've held the trophy- i went to a party at Rio Tinto for the world cup draw and it was there, and i got a photo with Nick Rimando. Good times- They probably went to Vernal just because they know you guys went to the David Archuleta game.

Ryan and Amber said...

Funny enough - I think my Ryan would have the same reaction to Leo the Lion and especially the trophy! What a great idea for an upcoming date night! :)