Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Daddy daughter date

I love this girl. 
She is getting so big. 
In 11 short months she will be getting baptized. 
How did this happen?! Where did the time go?! 
Paul and I knew before she was born that she was being sent to our one first for a reason. That reason has manifested itself many times and in many different ways. 
Yet being the oldest takes its toll. 
It comes with a lot of responsibility. And it can be wearing and even overwhelming at times. 
It has been more so lately with the addition of The Baby Brother. 
Mom and Dad are being spread thinner and thinner and Rach has felt the effects of that the most I think. 
So with the new year has come the new tradition of daddy-daughter dates. The concept isn't new and I am grateful to whoever came up with the idea because its wonderful. One on one time with Dad is a huge treat because it doesn't happen very often with all of his responsibilities. 
I'm so glad he makes it happen though because they are moments the kids will cherish forever. 
They are moments of bonding and moments of listening and moments of telling and moments of being the center of attention without having to fight the rest of the crew for it (lots of squeaky wheels up in this house). 
So whether its at Arby's eating lunch, or at the ward gym playing soccer, daddy-daughter and daddy-son dates will be a wonderful tradition in this house for years to come.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I can't think of anyone I would rather spend time with than Rachel. Rachel is a lucky girl and Paul is a very lucky daddy.

Ryan and Amber said...

She is NOT almost eight? Goodness!
No lie, that girl kind of emanates goodness. Look at that adorable face!!
PS - Now craving curly fries. Thx.

Jules said...

Oh my sweet Rachel! I have a special place in my heart for that beautiful girl.