 |
| "Hey Bubba. I'll trade ya. Your binki for my Gott (dog)." |
 |
| "No really. You'll love it! It's so soft and fuzzy - see?!" |
 |
"Here. Why don't you snuggle with him for a while and see if you like him. I'll just hold the binki for you..."
I love these Littles. I love my family. What a miracle - the family. I stand truly all amazed at the love and wisdom of God and His plan of happiness. I mean how else in the world would we receive such concentrated, continuous, perfectly orchestrated lessons on how to love and share and give and serve and work and have patience and faith and compassion?! One of the biggest blessings our little Caleb brought with him from Heaven was an absolute knowledge that Heavenly Father knows each of my children. Isn't that funny? I mean I knew he knew me. And I knew he knew Paul. But I never really thought about the fact that he knows each one of my kids - and LOVES each one of my kids - infinitely more than I do. That was such a relief and peaceful reassurance. I have watched the Lord temper the hearts of my kids and prepare them for their baby brother to come. I really worried about having another baby so soon after Abby (they are 15 months apart) but Heavenly Father knew exactly what this family needed and when we needed it. He has helped the Bigs to literally grow up overnight. They have become such good helpers and have a sixth sense of when Mom needs a break. They happily take Abby downstairs and play games while I rest and feed the baby. They are more quick to help when I ask and they are taking their new "big kid" responsibilities in stride. It is a miracle to watch the Lord work in their lives. Not only is he helping them to adjust, but he is helping the BIG baby to adjust as well. When we first brought Caleb home Abby wasn't so sure about him. She cried a bit and snuggled a lot more than usual. But she warmed up to him faster than I expected. It was almost like, "Hey! I remember you! Welcome home buddy!"As you can see she is quickly teaching him to share...whether he likes it or not. I guess this whole thing is a miracle to me because I thought I was going to have to do it all. I thought Heavenly Father was going to help me to adjust, and then I in turn would help the kids to adjust. It never really occurred to me that HE would help THEM to adjust. But that's the beauty and miracle - once again - of the family. We learn that ALL of God's children are important to him and he is just as present in the lives of my kids as he is in mine - if not more so! I love my Bigs. And I love my Littles. And I love the man I get to share them with for eternity. My cup runneth over. |

"There there little Bubba. You'll be big like me soon."
 |
| "What did you ask Santa for?...Do you know who Santa is? |
 |
| "Don't worry Mom. I got this. Go take a nap." |
(I love this picture. It's a perfect snapshot of our life right now - big baby, little baby!)
4 comments:
Hi Natalie! Yhis is Kari Cheney (we were friends in rexburg) Anyway, thanks for your post. I am having my 4th baby next month and my little one is only going to be 15 months too and i am TERRIFIED! So thank you for your sweet posts, its making me feel a lot more confident about whats to come, still scared.....but it'll all work out right?! (are you invited to my blog, i cant remember, email me your email adress if not, kariw03@msn.com)
Did you just about roll over and die when you changed newborn Caleb's diaper and compared his little hind end to your "baby" ? I seriously just about told Kael (who could not even speak yet) to be a man and pee in the potty. I mean - the size difference just suddenly grows up the "bigger little" and it is so so mind blowing.
I am SO in love with the relationship between the littles. Makes me swoon SWOON!
You have your hands full for sure and I know your heart is too. Cute little and big babies. They are lucky to have you as their mom. Miss you.
It's amazes me the difference that 15 months can make. So cute! Thanks for your post. Sometimes I really worry about having more children than hands - but your post was a great reminder that (even when Jon's gone all day) I'm not on my own and do have extra help. Good luck with your sweet little ones. I agree with your newer post - what a wonderful season we're in!! Miss you Nat!
Post a Comment