Monday, September 8, 2008

My Therapy

All of us at one time or another struggle with depressing times, moments of anxiety and fear, and may wonder if we need therapy. I am no stranger to this. I have had my fair share...scratch that - my MOTHER and MOTHER-IN-LAW have had THEIR fair share of phone calls from me, sobbing, wondering if I will ever feel "normal" again. And my poor husband - bless his heart - quietly, compassionatly tells me how much he loves me and that things aren't as bad as I make them out to be. I am eternally grateful for my wonderful, caring, understanding family who always seem to have a shoulder to cry on and ears to listen. They validate my feelings and help me to know that I'm normal. They are my therapy.

Bless Bob Newhart too - if he was my therapist I'd punch him in the face. ENJOY!



note - I do not have depression - I just feel like I need someone to tell me to STOP IT once in a while (maybe like once a month).

4 comments:

RaeLynn said...

STOP IT!! ahahahahaha, I love it. Thanks for the laugh! :)

janet said...

hilarious. and yes, after having a baby rollercoaster emotions are not my favorite. But the baby is worth it. Thank goodness for moms who can help us through the craziness!

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

Only once a month...I'd say your doing fabulous then!! Those rainy days do feel gray though...I'm always here if you need me. Love you!

Katherine said...

Oh man, I am with you there!! I loved the video clip! As a matter of fact all day today I have been saying to myself, "STOP IT" stop it or I'll bury you in a box! Most of the time that is just what I need. And I also agree if he were my therapist I would punch him as well!! Loved this post!