The roll - - - the cut (Rachel called it her "pumpkin patch")
The smile - - - the taste!!
The recipe is easy, it's yummy, it makes a ton (about 4 dozen), and it doesn't need to chill in the refrigerator. Rachel loved using the cookie cutters. So say YES and give it a whirl!
Grandma's Sugar Cookies (Julia Burton)
2 cups sugar
1 cup shortening
4 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
6 1/2 cups flour (start with 6)
Cream sugar and shortening together. Add eggs and milk and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour, cream of tartar, salt, soda. Mix, adding flour as needed until mixture is no longer too sticky to handle. Roll out 1/4 - inch thick. Cut into desired shapes and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 min. or until JUST BARELY BROWN on bottom. (baking too long will make them hard). Makes about 4 dozen large cookies.
Do I have something on my face?
4 comments:
You're such a good mom. I'm going to try and say "yes" more. I like that little lesson.
And do you have a cute red wall? I need to come for a visit...that would be fun.
See you in October!!
Yes, that is a cute red wall - just one as an accent in the kitchen. I painted it when I was 8 months prego with Ben. Maybe that explains why he came 3 weeks early...
Oh my gosh...could those kids bee any cuter - I don't think so! Those pictures are awesome. I can't wait to see you guys. Bella asks for her cousins everyday. And saying yes....I need to keep that in mind - what a great idea. You are such a great mom - love you!
I love it! It reminds me of being home in the Fall with my mom!!!!!! Good Good times!!!
Post a Comment