Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Benja-Ben!!

My baby is a BIG BOY!! I can't believe how fast time flies. It seems like yesterday I was holding him in the hospital...actually - no it doesn't. I had a c-section with Ben and it took FOREVER to recover from the surgery - so NO it doesn't feel like yesterday.

And it doesn't feel like he just came to our family either. I don't remember life without Ben. It feels like he has always been here. Maybe because it's more of a "reuniting" than a "meeting for the first time" when a new baby comes to the family.

So forgive me for being nostalgic. Here's Benny's first year in a nutshell.


This is the before and after on Ben's birthday. I'm smiling in the first picture because I didn't know at that time that I was going to have a c-section. But lil' Ben (bless his stinkin' heart) put his hand on top of his head and wouldn't move it. The Doctor was worried if I delivered him that way he would break his arm or shoulder. So a c-section it was. As you can see in the after picture my face is as puffy as Ben's. The drugs they use in surgery do nasty things.

This is Rachel's first look at her new brother. I am convinced these two were best friends before they even came to our family. She knew who he was the moment she laid eyes on him. It was like "Hooray! I've been waiting so long for you to get here so I can have someone to play with!" One happy family!

One week old - Big yawn and best buddies


One Month - Halloween - our very own Peter Pan and Tinker Bell!

November - December - Blessing Day (December)

January - February (RSV and Flu) - March
April - May - June

July - August
I love you Benja-Ben. You are my angel boy. I am so blessed to get to be your mom. You have taught me more in one year about love and life and Heavenly Father than I could ever learn in a life time by myself. You have such a special spirit and brilliant personality - I can't wait to see what the future holds. My goal is to teach and pray and lead and love - and then to get out of the way and watch you fly. That's the hardest part. I love you forever Ben! Happy Birthday Sweet Boy! Love Mommy

2 comments:

val said...

Wow how time flies. Sweet post about your sweet little boy. I'm so glad I got to meet him. Can't wait to see you this month-right?!!

Smelsha said...

I was lucky enough to make it on Val's blog and saw the comment you made. Natalie Watts! I miss you too! You have an adorable family and you still look as good as ever. I'm excited to come back and read through your blog so I can catch up on your life. :) So glad to be back in touch.