I love the rain. It reminds me of Africa. In Malawi during the raining season you can set your watch by the rain. When you wake up in the morning the sky is such a deep clear shade of blue and there isn't a cloud in sight. Around 10:30 big white puffy clouds fill the sky. By 1:00 it is a torrential downpour. Everyone runs for cover and the biggest umbrella is no match for that "big ole' fat rain" (thanks Forest).
Sunday night took me back to that. We had severe thunderstorms hit around 3:00 am that shook the house (thank goodness the kids slept through it!). Paul and I were awake listening to the rain pelt the house for the next couple of hours. When Rachel woke up this morning she ran around the house yelling "WHERE'S THE UMBRELLA?! WHERE'S THE UMBRELLA?!" We found the umbrella and out she went to sing in the rain.
1 comment:
Rachinha is so darn cute! It reminds me of when I was a little kid, and wanted to be outside in the rain or in the snow. Now I see those things as something dangerous to drive in. Little kids just want to experience everything, because it's still so new for them. I love it!
Post a Comment