Friday, April 17, 2009

My List of 9 - #1 a.k.a. My New Hobby

Paul: "What do you want to do for your birthday?"

Me: "*sigh* I really don't know."

Paul: "Well do you want me to take you out to dinner? Do you want to go for a drive? Do you want to go to a movie?"

Me: "Not really. I really don't feel like going out - but I don't just want to sit around here either."

Then it happened. I had an epiphany. Lightning struck my brain (name that movie). And I said, "Actually here is EXACTLY what I want. I want YOU to take the kids, go to the store to pick out a cake - I don't care what kind as long as it isn't rainbow with disgusting frosting - and I want YOU to pick up Chinese take-out while I take a LONG.QUIET.HOT.BUBBLE BATH."

Yessiree that is what I wanted. It was really ALL I wanted. Peace and quiet IN MY HOUSE for 30 minutes.

And thanks to the Gardners for the sleep bubble bath and sugar scrub from bath and body works - that is EXACTLY WHAT I GOT. TOTAL BLISS.

And so it begins - my 29th year. And so begins my new love. My new thing to look forward to. My new "golf". My new hobby. BUBBLE BATHS. This year I am going to devote more time to me in hopes to have an emotional well that can more readily be drawn from for my family.

A few of you mentioned you were in the same boat as I am with trying to figure out what to do with "me time". I'm telling you - this is it. But your hubby has to take the kids out of the house. It really isn't the same to relax in a hot bath during the kids nap time unless you have perfect children who take naps at the same time as each other without waking each other up. There is a certain quietness and solitude that can only exist when EVERYONE IS GONE.

So this year - when my sweet husband comes home and says, "Hon why don't you get out of the house for a little while and I'll take care of the kids" I'm going to say, "I have a better idea, why don't you and the kids head out for a while and I'll stay home in TOTAL.PEACE.AND.QUIET."

1 comment: