Monday, April 6, 2009

Why are moms the bad guys part 2

Yesterday I was giving the kids a bath. Rachel was playing with a rubber fish and shouting, "Flounder, Flounder come back!"

Me: "Rachel is your fishy's name Flounder?"

Rachel: "Yes and I'm Ariel. And Ben's Prince Eric!"

Me: "Oh cool!"

Rachel: "And you're the wicked Ursula, Mom."

Me: "Oh nice...thanks."


A little while ago Paul and Rachel were dancing in the livingroom. Rachel was wearing one of her assorted princess dresses and my high heels. She twirled and said, "Daddy I'm Cinderella and YOU are the handsome Prince Charming!"

Paul: "Okay! And who is Mommy?"

Rachel: "Mommy is the wicked Stepmother!"

Paul: "Alright!" snicker snicker giggle giggle

Me: "Can't I be the fairy godmother?"

Rachel: "No Mom! You have to be the wicked Stepmother! Quick Ben - it's the wicked Stepmother let's run away!"

Ben (running away with Rachel): AAHHHHH!

Am I doomed to be typecast as the wicked counterpart forever?!!!



1 comment:

Amy Miller said...

That's so funny! The picture is perfect! ha ha

Thanks for the shiny rock idea, I'm nervous for the big tantrum days ahead.

When are you coming down again? We are game for lunch any time!! I'm sure Jon wouldn't complain about a round of golf either. :)